Sunday, February 28, 2010

We have had an exciting couple of weeks around here!

David and I celebrated our 18th anniversary and David turned 44! Lots of excuses for good meals and candy! :-)

Connor's JV team finished off their season with a win over Sprague! We lost badly the first time we played them and so it was awesome to beat them the second go around. Connor had 12 points for the game and was the high score again. He wound up a great JV season and one of the starters and high scorers (is that a word)... We are really proud of him and how he stepped it up and became a leader on the team.

Earlier in the week our varsity team beat McNary to clinch a playoff spot. (I hope I got the team right because if I didn't I will never hear the end of it! :-)) Connor sat the bench for most every varsity game and Thursday night was given the nod to continue to practice with the varsity for the playoffs. Our first game is Wednesday 3/3 at Wilson High School in Portland.

Connor received an invitation to the Baseball Northwest Prospect Games at the end of June. If he does well at that he will get to play in the NW Championship as in previous years. It would be very exciting for him to continue on to the Championship because this is the year that the scouts really start to take notice of the kids...........

Megan is good - not much new and exciting for her. She is working very hard on her softball pitching and has been spending extra time batting - really gearing up for her season. She continues to do awesome in school! Saturday's are our favorite day because we always make a trip to the library. I love that she likes to read up on all kinds of different topics and that she loves to read!! She is such a good girl and growing up to be an awesome person!!

I am working 50 plus hours a week. It's been crazy but I am hangin' in there. Our receptionist quit this week so I am now doing her job and mine. I have lots of help from my co-workers but they have their own jobs to do.......so right now I just move from "fire to fire" and have not been very successful at getting my own desk clean! Thank goodness I have two desks now, so to speak!

The weather this weekend has been amazing! David and Connor have spent several hours this weekend outside working on baseball skills. Connor hasn't been able to attend any practices yet but the varsity coach assures him that they are saving his spot. Looks like he will be starting Short for Varsity. No confirmation yet but that's what the coach has alluded to!

Have a great week everyone!!

No comments: